Organizations are exploring ways to optimize their existing resources and capabilities, maintain efficiency and quality, and find enough room for innovation and incremental development, all under controlled IT costs. They also are challenged to develop a long-term roadmap and systems that can work consistently across divisions.
Manufacturing and High Tech companies are limited by their dependence on legacy solutions and manual processes which lead to productivity bottlenecks. CXO’s in this industry must balance a potential paradigm shift to new technology with concerns of potential backlash and long-term implications. Open Source solutions can provide a healthy environment for such organizations to have a solution ecosystem without the need for revolutionary change management, which is challenging in a controlled IT expenditure environment. CIGNEX Datamatics helps these organizations adopt commercial Open Source solutions that ensure effective interaction between internal and external entities in the organizations’ value chain. Our expertise includes integrating Open Source solutions with your COTS or legacy solutions thereby ensuring minimal impact in holistic activities.
CIGNEX Datamatics Offerings in Manufacturing and High Tech
- Content Solutions for Manufacturing & High Tech: Content Management solutions help in scaling down data redundancies, establishing a synergy with the supply chain, and eliminating the manual overload thereby maintaining operative effectiveness and standardized workflow across the organization. These solutions have document management capabilities of creation, conversion, review, and versioning contributing to the overall reporting system.
- Portals for Manufacturing & High Tech: Portals are platforms for organizations to effectively collaborate with their supply chain and partners. The portals need rich user interfaces that provide easy transactional activity with minimal clicks, such as generating purchase orders and other associated activities. Portals also feature user alerts, information dashboards, Web 2.0 integration, and themes that add personalization and encourage the user to use the portal effectively. Message boards, blogs, and other tools form healthy platforms for internal communication and announcements. The solution also includes a powerful enterprise search for easier access to content.
- E-Commerce for Manufacturing & High Tech: E-Commerce solutions provide a platform for the product offerings. Capabilities include general features from catalog management to integration with multiple payment gateways or shipping to multi-language and content control features. Integrated marketing tools help increase the overall marketing effectiveness and provide a platform for real time collaboration with low cost for B2B or B2C offerings.
- Business Process Management for Manufacturing & High Tech: The biggest challenge faced by industries is drilling IT based solutions into the processes across organization. From identifying critical operations to allocating resources to fill the gaps, all processes are very crucial. An Open Source based Business Process Management (BPM) System helps address the business bottlenecks, model operational activities, design rules, execute, and monitor the process execution. Integration with powerful front end solutions can help deliver valuable information in a streamlined and easily accessible way to enable decision making.
- Big Data for Manufacturing & High Tech: Companies in Manufacturing and High Tech use data extensively in their supply chain, product development, process optimization, and other facets of business. A tremendous amount of data exists, and in the past few years numerous techniques have been developed to help companies derive value. Big Data solutions can simplify this complexity by helping industries in research and development, optimizing processes in production, or building interactive marketing portals providing real time insights of product performance and a boost in sales.