Every organization in the world wants to have a better understanding of customer needs, identify opportunities to help and solve their problems - all by managing customer information and interactions on a single platform that’s always accessible anytime anywhere.
For this reason, Google and Salesforce have come together to deliver a smarter and more collaborative experience to their customers across the globe. Specifically, this strategic collaboration will deliver new integrations that connect Salesforce with Google Analytics 360 and G Suite.
Now let’s dive into details to understand this better.
An Overview of the Collaboration
With first of its kind integration, this collaboration will enable customers to seamlessly connect sales, marketing and advertising data across Salesforce Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Google Analytics 360.
From this integration, organizations will be able to extract complete consumer analytics, starting from awareness till conversion and then retention, which will help them engage the customer at the right moment.
Connecting Salesforce with Analytics 360
- Audiences and campaign data from Analytics 360 will be available for activation in Marketing Cloud. This would allow marketers to create customized audiences in Analytics 360 & then push them to Marketing Cloud for activation in direct marketing channels such as email and mobile.
- Analytics 360 data will be available directly within Marketing Cloud facilitating marketers with one holistic dashboard of consumer engagement data.
- Sales data from Sales Cloud would be available in Analytics 360 for smarter ad targeting. With this marketers will gain new visibility into the sales cycle, enabling them to create richer audience segments and smartly deliver ads.
Connecting Salesforce with G Suite
To enable Salesforce customers quickly realize the productivity gains they will get by this collaboration, Google is now offering G Suite to the Salesforce customers - Companies with more than 350 employees will get it at no cost for 1 year whereas companies with less than 350 employees will get it free for 3 months.
Some benefits of connecting Salesforce with G Suite include:
- Salesforce Lightning for Gmail: Salesforce Lightning & Gmail will deeply integrate thereby fetching interactions from Gmail directly within Salesforce. High priority emails will be identified and next actions will be suggested based on content within emails, allowing users to service customers faster than ever before.
- Salesforce Lightning for Google Sheets: Salesforce Lightning integrations with Google Sheets will allow users to easily push data from Salesforce Records or Reports to a new Google Sheet. This data will be automatically updated bi-directionally, ensuring everyone has access to the most recent information.
- Quip Live Apps for Google Drive and Google Calendar: With the new Quip Live Apps for Google Drive and Google Calendar, teams will be able to embed any list of Drive files (Google Docs, Slides and Sheets, or their Google Calendar) inside Quip, enabling users to access information in the collaborative cloud environment.
- Salesforce for Hangouts Meet: Users will be able to surface relevant customer and account details, service case history and more details from Salesforce CRM directly within Hangouts. This will give users the insights needed to drive a deal forward or solve a customer service request.
When will these Google and Salesforce integrations be available?
- Qualified Salesforce customers receive G Suite for up to one year at no additional cost. This promotion from Google is currently available to Salesforce customers.
- Several integrations between G Suite and Salesforce are already in market, including Salesforce Lightning for Gmail, and integrations with Calendar and Google Drive. Deeper integrations will start rolling out in 2018.
- Quip Live Apps integration with Google Drive is expected to be generally available in the first half of 2018 with any Quip Enterprise License, for $25 per user, per month.
- The integrations between Salesforce and Google Analytics 360 are expected to begin to arrive in the first half of 2018 and will be offered at no additional cost.
Benefits to the Customers
This new strategic partnership with Google will
- Enable smarter & more collaborative experiences to the customers
- Powerful customer intelligence which can be used by more than 3.5 million G Suite businesses globally and fortune 500 companies using Salesforce Lightning and Quip
- With integration between Salesforce & Google Analytics 360, customers will have incredible insights to deliver the most relevant experience at the right moment.
Summarizing the above points - Though with the partnership, both the companies have a lot to offer to their customers & strengthen their trust in them, it is clear that the other motives attached to it (such as customer loyalty, cross-sell & market share domination) will ultimately strengthen their position in their respective markets.