Recently, Liferay Inc. announced the official release of Liferay DXP 7.4, which makes it simpler for companies to deliver and improve advanced digital experiences on the web, mobile, and connected devices.
Yet, for what reason would it be advisable for you to consider upgrading and what elements does the new upgrade comprise of? All things considered, let us elaborate it for your benefit here.
Liferay DXP 7.4 accompanies upgraded usefulness and enhancements that make it significantly simpler for both specialized and non-specialized users to deliver and improve advanced digital experiences. On account of this update, now Liferay anticipates on delivering new capabilities to clients to deliver significant digital experiences.
The Liferay DXP 7.4 release is built around six key result-based themes:
Optimize Digital Experiences with Data Driven Insight
- A/B Testing - Now select any interactive component on a page, rather than simply buttons and links, as the Click Target for an A/B test which provides far more prominent adaptability when testing various variations of pages.
- Content Dashboard - The Content Audit tool in the Content Dashboard includes a further developed client experience, permitting clients to channel the content list by tapping on one category in the graph. The graph additionally now showcases content which is simply classified to one of the vocabularies determined - to make it straightforward to guarantee that no content is missed. Users can likewise flip the axes with a single click, and it is easier to choose vocabularies to be evaluated.
- Content Performance - The Content Performance board is presently accessible in Content and Widget pages, just as in Display Pages, giving metrics for Organic and Paid search, social traffic and referrals, and offers a detailed view uncovering referring URLs and domains.
Enable Experts to Build Rich Digital Experiences
- Account Management Widget - The new Account Management Widget eliminates the restriction of account management being an Administrator role: it tends to be deployed to any page on any site to permit business clients to configure Accounts, Addresses, assigned Users, and related Organizations, Groups and Roles
- Documents and Media - Another kind of "document" permits clients to add links to videos in YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook etc., directly into Documents and Media and treat them as though they were local archives. Document Filenames and Titles can now be overseen independently - your title can be modified without affecting the filename or any links to it
- Page Audit - Using integration with Google PageSpeed, experts can audit pages for SEO advancement and Accessibility consistence.
- SEO - Experts can plan different content fields to each SEO and Open Graph Meta tag which are filled progressively when the user accesses the content. Furthermore they can guarantee that SEO isn't contrarily affected when sites are not completely translated into all languages by setting which hreflang Meta tags ought to be created for every individual page.
Create a Seamless B2B Buying Experience
- Order Type Pricing & Discounts - This provides the capacity to venders to change Pricing and Discounts relying upon the order conditions, for instance in light of the fact that an order is set apart as dire versus a stock request.
- Organization Management Widget -The Organization Management Widget gives a visual portrayal of the company structure of account records. This release incorporates a totally refactored widget that can be deployed to permit Sales Managers to deal with their sales network, and for specialists and account managers to get a perspective on their network and explore their own accounts
- Product Image Optimization - Performance in e-commerce is basic to the accomplishment of storefront. One way of further developing performance is to guarantee that fittingly measured images are served for various devices. Product Image Optimization utilizes Liferay's current Adaptive Media technology to meet this target.
Empower Business Users to Compose Digital Experiences Using LowCode / NoCode Capabilities
- Adaptive Media - Liferay will naturally introduce the most proper image size dependent on the viewport width for images showed in Content and Display Pages. Programmed selection can be manually overridden by content creators whenever required. This is supported for a wide range of images including background images and images introduced as a fragment.
- Collection Display - The Collection Display Fragment currently supports filtering, searching, and arranging, to furnish end-clients with the capacity to zero in on precisely what is significant for them. Simultaneously, Pagination is currently given to further develop execution and the general client experience.
- Site Navigation - It is currently possible to create sophisticated navigation for sites that are content-heavy utilizing various new abilities together. Initially site-developers can make Display Pages for Categories. Besides Display Pages can be added as Navigation Menu items. Furthermore, the Dropdown fragment gives the capacity to non- developers to construct mega menus without the need to foster a custom topic.
- Information Templates -Creating free marker layouts for web content structures has been workable for a long time It is presently conceivable to do exactly the same thing for additional kinds of data items like Blog Entries, Documents, Categories and Assets. Note: In GA1 Information Templates should be enacted by adding a .config file.
Reduce the Cost and Effort to Launch and Maintain Digital Experiences
- WYSIWYG Editor - A new balloon editor has been created utilizing native CKEditor features, to supplant the eliminated Alloy Editor. This likewise gives some UX improvements over its archetype.
- Forms, Web Content, Documents and Media - Forms, Web content, and Documents and Media presently share a typical client experience for both definition of new Forms, Structures and Types just as for writing new entries.
- Liferay Enterprise Search - Liferay Enterprise Search (LES) features are now bundled with DXP 7.4 and accessible to all DXP subscribers unsupported. To acquire support customers will require a functioning Liferay Enterprise Search subscription.
- Staging - Staging performance has been improved with extra System Level setup choices to control whether Parent pages of a published page are published alongside it. Winding down this choice is additionally valuable where changes to Parent pages are not fit to be published. Moreover a System or Instance level configuration choice has been added to control whether or not Asset Links are published when no content is picked. At the point when debilitated the measure of information exported is diminished, further developing execution.
Using Liferay as the Foundation in Your Interconnected Enterprise Landscape
- Audit - Another System Property has been given to empower Audit data to be remembered for framework logs - giving the capacity to figure out which request or example this review output has a place with. Furthermore, developers can utilize the program Network device to see the x-request-id in the reaction header to cross match with the review output to have a full perspective on the request life cycle.
- Headless APIs - New RESTful web services have been accommodated:
- Managing Users, User Groups, Organizations, Roles, and Accounts, alongside the capacity to allot Roles to Users and configure consents for Roles.
- Accessing Pages, including all Fragments added to those pages, and Page Experiences.
New endpoints have been added to:
- Show language selectors alongside the dynamic languages of sites and resource libraries. These can likewise be utilized to help recognize to clients which languages are accessible for content creation.
- Manage the consent of content, reports and different elements through custom applications, or to automate the progressions of authorizations for any given role at scale.
- Retrieve not just the most recent approved version of a structured and organized content, but every version, including drafts and those forthcoming approvals. These endpoints are intended to be utilized in custom content administration applications.
- Create structured and organized contents as drafts.
- Remote Apps - Remote Apps presently permit registering remote JS files as Web Components. Once registered a new Widget is given to render the JS Apps as Custom Elements. This deployment-free mechanism permits frontend development to be decoupled from liferay, while giving access to liferay APIs, pages, etc. via the JS Client SDK.
More detailed information regarding the Liferay features can be found here.
CIGNEX is a Liferay Silver partner and has been deploying Liferay based applications across various industry verticals for the last ten years. With over 110 consultants, we have the broadest team of experts on Liferay and have authored over 7 books and contributed to Liferay community. At CIGNEX, our objective in migration and upgrade projects is to maintain business continuity and coexistence with existing applications. With profound experience and a consultative approach, we act as your true business partner in your success than just being a service partner.